Thursday, August 22, 2013

Lamentations 1

Message: A song of sorrow. Key: We need to mourn when the wicked fall even when their punishment is deserved. When people go astray, our response should be one of sadness.

Time: Jerusalem, in mourning, after it's fall, in 586 BC at the hands of the Assyrians (Babylon).

What the Lord is Saying:
The city was full of people, but now it is empty, like a widow. She was great. A once princess has become a slave. She has no one to comfort her as she weeps. Past friends are present enemies. She is pursued and cannot rest. The roads to the City (to Zion) mourn. No festivals. Her enemies prosper. Her majesty has departed. Her foes had their way with her. It is a filthy place to be. She is uncovered. And no one to comfort her. In the past, many were forbidden to come to the City. Now, all are there. The people search for food. They are waiting for compassion from others as they believe their sorrow is great.

I am put in the path of those that are stronger than me. The enemy has prevailed. My idols (lovers) can't save me now. My stomach churns. My enemies rejoice over my condition.

So be it. Let them deal with me. My heart is faint.

Problem:
She has sinned. Grievously. Only thought of the now, never the future. She has rebelled against His Word. She has lovers (false Gods). She has been rebellious. All my transgressions.


No comments:

Post a Comment