Monday, December 21, 2015

Proverbs 5:21 - Our Ways Before the Lord

Proverbs 5:21- For the ways of a man are before the eyes of the Lord, and He watches all his paths.

Message: Our Ways Before the Lord

Time: It seems that Proverbs was written and then compiled sometime between the tenth and sixth centuries B.C. Proverbs was probably written during the reign of Solomon, 971-931 B.C.

What the Lord is Saying:

I have heard some say that God merely starts the engine and then lets it run, referring to a description of God over this universe. But, this is not what Solomon is expressing here, but rather mans ways are before the Lord and he is fully aware of his every step. God is so concerned about the decisions that we make in this life and how we conduct ourselves.  

I need to remember this as I go through my day. I need God's wisdom and grace throughout my days. 

The Lord sees all we do, whether good or bad. This should haunt us but also comfort us.

Promise: I do not have to be on the front page because the One that matters most is watching what I do, see's it, and he will give me what I deserve as far as rewards, but ultimately I am accepted into heaven because of the righteousness, not of me, but of Christ.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment