Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Psalm 119:41-48 - Saved to Testify

Psalm 119:41-48
May Your lovingkindnesses also come to me, 
O Lord, Your salvation according to Your word; 
So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me, 
for I trust in Your word. 
And do not take the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, 
for I wait for Your ordinances. 
So I will keep Your law continually, 
forever and ever. 
And I will walk at liberty, 
for I seek Your precepts. 
I will also speak of Your testimonies before kings 
and shall not be ashamed. 
I shall delight in Your commandments, 
which I love. 
And I shall lift up my hands to Your commandments, which I love; 
and I will meditate on Your statutes.

Message: I am saved to testify of God's kindness, my salvation, His work in me and I live each day for Him. I am not to be silent before men. 

Time: The psalms were written by many different people across a period of a thousand years in Israel's history. They are thought to have been compiled and put together in their present form by some unknown editor shortly after the captivity ended about 537 B.C.

What the Lord is Saying:

[I'm struggling today, Lord. I am just letting the events of life get me down; back hurting; a couple employees at work not working on work; so much to do at work; and then the daily grind here of making breakfast, lunches and wondering if any dinners are planned; Christmas and presents and just spending more than we should on family pictures; being behind on emails; just many different things - life stuff, that shouldn't drag me down, but does.]

May Your lovingkindnesses also come to me, O Lord, Your salvation according to Your word; Lord, it is your kindness that leads me to repentance. Your kindness has come to me. It is your love for me that leads me to salvation. Your salvation has come to me. I am saved by Grace according to Your word. I am redeemed because you have sent your sin to bear a burden I cannot pay. It makes sense. My works are filthy rags. I need you God.

So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in Your word. Lord, you are the one, you showed me yesterday, that reproaches me and corrects me. You O Lord tell me when I am wrong. But, others do as well. People often tell me that I am silly for believing what I do and in sod doing they mock my faithfulness to You and the Law. But, I trust in You and that is good enough for you and so that is good enough for any of the situations that I am dealing with in my life. I find strength in your Word.

And do not take the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for I wait for Your ordinances. Do not take the word of truth out of my mouth. Lord, help me to remember the words I have remembered from the past. Thank you for the people you placed in my life, to encourage me to memorize your words of truth; to put them into my life, for Phil Floyd and others who helped me in memorization. Use your word each day to remind me of your ordinances, to train me. 


So I will keep Your law continually, forever and ever. I will keep your commandments all my days. This is my desire, my lot, my ambition, to follow you all the days of my life. And I will walk at liberty, for I seek Your precepts. There is freedom in you Lord. I can walk each day in this freedom. Why is their freedom? It is because I seek your precepts. And this is not a burden to me, but something i seek after each day. I seek after You. I want You. 

I will also speak of Your testimonies before kings and shall not be ashamed. I am not in Christ simply for my own benefit and simply to make myself look better, but I am here to speak of You. It is my allegiance to You that is my heart cry. Before kings I will speak of Your work in my life. I will not be ashamed of the Gospel (Romans 1;16). 

I shall delight in Your commandments, which I love. And I shall lift up my hands to Your commandments, which I love; and I will meditate on Your statutes. Lord, at the end of the day, all that should matter in my life is the delight of staying true to Your commandments. Loving those commandments leads me down the correct path. I shall lift up my hands in praise to You and meditate on Your statutes. 

[At the end of the day, what I see is that my heart's desire is to be with the Lord. I need to be reminded, amidst all the pressures of life that God is there. He has saved me. Despite pain and struggles, I need your strength Lord to carry me. Thank you for your kindness. Forgive me for getting too distracted with what is right in front of me at this moment.] 

Promise: There is freedom in Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment