Friday, February 24, 2017

Proverbs 31:10-12 - The Excellent Wife

Proverbs 31:10-12
10 An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.


Message: The Excellent Wife

Time: It seems that Proverbs was written and then compiled sometime between the tenth and sixth centuries B.C. Proverbs was probably written during the reign of Solomon, 971-931 B.C.

What the Lord is Saying: Well, I fortunately have an excellent wife. She is not someone I found but instead someone that God provided for me. She gets more wonderful every day. And yes, her worth is far above any jewel. It is far above anything.

I do trust her. But sometimes my feelings get in the way, but feelings are not facts. Overall, I do trust her, but I do get nervous sometimes and I start believing my feelings more than the facts. It is often the same way in my relationship with God. I focus not on His word, but at times on what I'm feeling.

Pamela does me good and not evil. She has always been careful to be the best toward me. This doesn't mean I always get what I want. Who does? And no one should. But, she is amazing as to how sensitive she is to me. She recognizes me as the leader of the home, but she also has her own will, and often a strong one at that. We are definitely co-heirs and work together well.

Promise: The excellent wife embodies the Lord’s wisdom in fulfilling her divinely appointed role and in bringing great blessing to her family and community.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for the gift of Pamela. Thank you for your handiwork in making her the way you have and then bringing her into my life. You knew exactly what I needed. And thank you for molding her into your image and the joy it is just having her by my side everyday. Help me to be a better husband and to continually love her, treating her as more important than myself. Train me to resist the temptation to ever look around for anyone else. The world is constantly throwing distractions my way, but help me to train myself always to making her the only woman in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment