Monday, October 7, 2013

Ezekiel 20

Message: Israel's continuous rebellion; God will restore Israel.

Time: 7th year, 5th month, 10th day. Elders came to Ezekiel to inquire of the Lord.

What the Lord is Saying: Why do you come? To inquire? Your fathers sinned. The Lord made a covenant with his people to save them, to rescue them from Egypt and give them riches. I gave them rules to live by. I gave them my Sabbaths.

But they rebelled. They rejected rules and ignored the Sabbath. I poured out wrath because my name was profaned. My statutes are to be honored, but I spared them and did not put a full end to them.

I asked their children to walk in their ways, but they rebelled as well. But he withheld his anger. The Lord gave them rules that when obeyed would not have good outcomes and nothing to save their life to remind them of who He is.

Idolatry is what reigned in these people's lives.

The Lord makes it known, "I will be king over you." I will bring you out from where you are to purge the evil from your midst. If you are going to do evil, then go ahead and do it. But don't call me Lord and then profane my name. I want people who will serve Me and Me alone. I want those who loathe their sin.

Promise: God does not want people who say one thing and do the other. He wants hot or cold. He wants people who give there all to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment