Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Psalm 119:105-112 - The Joy of God's Law

Psalm 119:105-112
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
106 I have sworn and I will confirm it, that I will keep Your righteous ordinances.
107 I am exceedingly afflicted; revive me, O Lord, according to Your word.
108 O accept the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord, and teach me Your ordinances.
109 My life is continually in my hand, yet I do not forget Your law.
110 The wicked have laid a snare for me, yet I have not gone astray from Your precepts.
111 I have inherited Your testimonies forever, for they are the joy of my heart.
112 I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes forever, even to the end.

Message: The Joy of God's Law

Time: The psalms were written by many different people across a period of a thousand years in Israel's history. They are thought to have been compiled and put together in their present form by some unknown editor shortly after the captivity ended about 537 B.C.

What the Lord is Saying:

Lord, I need to be restored and renewed this day. I need to come before you and let you carry me.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Your Word O God is a lamp, that shines my way. I stand in the darkness of this world, staring at my own problems and circumstances and get blinded Lord. I feel like there is no way out. I struggle. Restore me through the reading of the Word. Bring light to my path. 


I have sworn and I will confirm it, that I will keep Your righteous ordinances. Help me to not doubt you or turn away from you. I want to keep your right and perfect ordinances and ways. 


I am exceedingly afflicted; revive me, O Lord, according to Your word. Lord, I am struck down with pain and sorrow. I feel like someone has hurled stones at me and my life. I lack confidence and assurance of my situation. Revive me, O Lord, according to Your word. Bring life back to me. Get me centered back on You and who You are. You are my sustenance. You bring meaning to my life. 


O accept the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord, and teach me Your ordinances. Accept that I am admitting that I need your forgiveness Lord. Teach me to walk in Your ways. Teach me to stand by You. 


My life is continually in my hand, yet I do not forget Your law. Though I continually take my life into my own hands and continually go in the direction I think is best, bring me back to Your ways, to your ordinances, to Your Laws. Help me see that trusting You and believing You is the anchor in my life. You are all I need. I will continue in this life to struggle with sin. It is a sign that I am regenerate and committed to God because I wage war with it. Remind me daily of what it looks like. I thank you for the church you have given us and that it reminds us each Sunday that Sin is present and we continually turn and wrestle with it. But, thank you for that weekly reminder of the grace of God. 


The wicked have laid a snare for me, yet I have not gone astray from Your precepts. The wicked prowl about and want to snare me and they lead me away from Your Precepts Lord. I see this. The world has their own set of code in order to fix problems. 


I have inherited Your testimonies forever, for they are the joy of my heart. Your Word and Your testimonies are mine. They are the joy of my heart. 


I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes forever, even to the end. Incline my heart, turn to You, so that I may perform your statutes forever. Every day may I be directed to you. Lord, sometimes we are a fleeting, unhappy, sinking family. Love has been removed from our house. There is no more union. There are no more smiles. We are still on high alert. The Joy of the Lord needs to be my strength. Let it be. 

Promise: Despite our continuing fight against sin, we can be confident that we are safe in the arms of Jesus if we love Him and His law.

No comments:

Post a Comment