Friday, August 19, 2016

Proverbs 17:17 - True Friendship

Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Message: True Friendship

Time: It seems that Proverbs was written and then compiled sometime between the tenth and sixth centuries B.C. Proverbs was probably written during the reign of Solomon, 971-931 B.C.

What the Lord is Saying:

I don't think I realized completely the importance of having good friends. For the past 10 years, starting in 2006 I have been meeting with other men weekly for reflection on the week and prayer. We have also had times of study together going through various books, but overall, what makes this discussion most beneficial is simply the time we spend talking about life and then praying for one another. I believe that my spiritual growth has been different in these last 10 years than other years and I believe that time with these men has been the catalyst in the growth of me and my faith. I am very thankful for them. In addition, I'm thankful for weekly witnessing that I have been doing with another friend in which we go to the mall to share truth with people and gauge where they are spiritually. I think we have been doing this for about 5-7 years now. It is through these relationships that I have begun to understand and realize this verse more that a friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. 

There is nothing more special that to have a friend by your side. We need each other. I have been blessed with many special friends over the years. I so appreciate having these men in my life. I'm not sure why I have so many, but it is definitely good for my soul.

God, thank you for bringing other people into my life and proving men that I can speak to and will encourage me and challenge me. Thank you for the older men friends I have and their wisdom. I'm very thankful for this and I pray that Pamela would grow to have similar friendships in her life. Thank you for the people that have reached out to her and thank you for the time of late that we have been able to share time together doing a book study on the Word of God.

Promise: Jesus is the one friend that will never leave us or forsake us.  

Promise:


No comments:

Post a Comment