Friday, May 29, 2015

Romans 13:11 - Salvation Draws Near

Romans 3:11 - Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed.

Message: Awakened

Time: Written in AD 57 from Greece, to the Christians, both Gentile and Jewish in Rome

What the Lord is Saying:

I have a responsibility toward God. I have a responsibility toward society. I have a responsibility toward the government. I have a responsibility toward my neighbors. It is true that Love fulfills the Law (verse 10), but only if that Love is Jesus. I cannot fulfill the law on my own merit. 

I am no closer today than I was yesterday nor tomorrow. God forgives the sin I committed yesterday, that I commit today, that I will commit tomorrow. I was saved, I am saved, and I will be saved.  I am saved, but my salvation will not be completely realized or known until I enter the Glory of God in heaven. 

Know the time
In dark days, away from God, I know not the time. Each day is the same. There is no urgency in the day. When I live in ignorance, darkness, oppression, falsehood and the bounty of sin, time is relative. But, in knowing God, time is valuable and now I have knowledge of it. I now understand how short time is and I understand the value of time. I now have a calling. Before, time was just a chain of events leading to certain milestones -- graduation, marriage, family, retirement. But, now time is almost frightening because the grace of God is wanted so deeply for all people. 

I have been awakened. Darkness blinded me, but now I am awake. 

For I am nearer and nearer to salvation, each day.

Promise: The Glory of God is getting closer and closer each day for those walking in Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment