Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Daniel 10

Message: Daniel receives a vision and a visitor that gives him strength to hear.

Time: Third year of Cyrus the Persian (~535/536 BC)

What the Lord is Saying: Daniel has another vision concerning future times - war and hardship. The vision came at a time of mourning for Daniel.

The vision. Daniel was standing on the bank of the Tigris River with other men, but Daniel and only Daniel saw this:

A man dressed in linen clothing.
The man had a a belt of pure gold around his waist.
His body looked like a precious gem.
His face flashed like lightning.
His eyes flamed like torches.
His arms and feet shone like polished bronze.
His voice roared like a large group of people.
From: http://www.preceptaustin.org/daniel_10_commentary.htmThe apostle John gives a description of the glorified Christ which has five similarities to Daniel's vision which are included here in parenthesis...
Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands; 13 and in the middle of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His breast with a golden girdle (waist girded with a belt of pure gold). 14 And His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow (face had the appearance of lightning); and His eyes were like a flame of fire (eyes were flaming torches); 15 and His feet were like burnished bronze (feet like...polished bronze), when it has been caused to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters (sound of his words like the sound of a tumult). (Rev 1:12-15-see notes)
And then this man spoke. When this happened Daniel fainted, no strength, pale and very weak, his face to the ground.

His words, "Don't be afraid. Your humble requests of prayer to God have been heard. I am here to answer your prayer. My way was blocked for 21 days by the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia. Michael, the archangel, helped me. So, now I am here to speak to you."

Daniel was speechless. Then the man touched his lips and he could speak.

"Lord, I am in anguish from this vision I have seen. I am weak. It doesn't make sense that I could be speaking to you, the way I know myself."

But, he said to Daniel, "Don't be afraid. You are very precious to God. Have peace. Be encouraged. Be strong." As the man spoke, Daniel felt stronger and wanted to hear more as strength had come to him.

The man said, "I am here to fight against the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia and after this the spirit prince of the kingdom of Greece. But first, I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth."

Promise: God makes us strong. He is in control. We are his witnesses and get to witness what He is doing and how he is involved in the world we live in.





No comments:

Post a Comment