Sunday, August 16, 2015

Proverbs 26 - Proverbs

Proverbs 26

Message: Proverbs

TimeIt seems that Proverbs was written and then compiled sometime between the tenth and sixth centuries B.C. Proverbs was probably written during the reign of Solomon, 971-931 B.C.

What the Lord is Saying:

I follow the TableTalk devotional. I like it because it gets you diving into the word and it is generally expository. I like to look at the passage, study it myself and then look to see what TableTalk has to say about it. I've been doing this now for a couple of year. However, I am very behind. It is August 2015 right now, though I am just starting January 2015. I like to stay with it, but I have lapses at times when I don't study a reading one day at a time or I skip it or I take too long on something or I skip it for a while. However, I am trying to stay consistent and just get into the daily practice. School is starting for Derek now and it will be harder to get him up, breakfast, lunch, and out the door and still get to time in the Word.

Today, I am reading January 6 and the title is Proverbs. According to TableTalk they will spend 2015 going through the Wisdom Books of Proverbs, Job, Psalms, Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon. Right now, it seems that each lesson is pretty much an overview of that and the thought process behind it. I am not much for jumping around, but this appears to be what this study will now be.

Unlike many of the commands in the Bible and teachings, Proverbs don't apply in any situations, but they do apply. We just need to think about it. 

Promise: Don't be wise in your own eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment