Monday, January 2, 2017

Ecclesiastes 9:9 - The Gift of Life with Family

Ecclesiastes 9:9
Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun.

Message: The Gift of Life with Family

Time: Solomon's authorship is not stated. Solomon's reign as king of Israel lasted from around 970 B.C. to around 930 B.C. The Book of Ecclesiastes was likely written towards the end of his reign, approximately 935 B.C

What the Lord is Saying:

Any verse that reminds me to enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life is a great verse. I am so grateful God has given me a wife, children, a brother, parents that love me, and good friends. God gave Adam a helper. He knew he should not be alone and I am sure that first visit by Eve was a startling one and remained very satisfying.

My wife is my reward. Don't take Pamela for granted Chris (I am saying this to myself). Thank you Lord for this simple reminder. Help me Lord to continue to accept her, value her, lead her, praise her, and enjoy her. 

Promise: Enjoy the loved ones God has given me, in this life. They are precious gifts from God and He is kind and generous, granting us many blessings through those relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment