Monday, January 9, 2017

Proverbs 24:12 - Our All-Seeing God

Proverbs 24:12
If you say, “See, we did not know this,”
Does He not consider
it who weighs the hearts?
And does He not know
it who keeps your soul?
And will He not render to man according to his work?


Message: Our All-Seeing God

Time: It seems that Proverbs was written and then compiled sometime between the tenth and sixth centuries B.C. Proverbs was probably written during the reign of Solomon, 971-931 B.C.
 
What the Lord is Saying: In looking at this passage of scripture and trying to understand what it is saying and my application, I back up, first. to verse 11 - 
Deliver those who are being taken away to death, and those who are staggering to slaughter, oh hold them back. Perhaps this passage is speaking to one that is seeing the pain of another or watching the demise of another and yet offering the excuse See, we did not know this. It is like the priest that walks on the other side of the road so as to not see the man hurting (Levite). Presented here then is one shirking his responsibility. It is true, we have so many hurting in our world, it is impossible to help them all, and so often our response is to help no one. Yet Does He not consider it who weighs the hearts? or does not God know our hearts. Yes, he sees our actions, but he can also see our hearts. The fact that someone (God) can know our motivation, thoughts, our heart, what we are thinking -- this must scare many people.

And does He not know it who keeps our soul? Does not God know us better than we know ourselves?

And will He not render to man according to his work? Work is not just outward, but also inward. God knows hearts.

Promise: God knows what we are thinking, our motivation, our reasons for doing what we do. He is in control. 

My Prayer: Lord, help me to realize that you are all-seeing and understand me better than I understand myself. Remind me that each day I need a Savior. I need a redeemer for I cannot even catalog in my life all the ways that I wrong you day to day. I pray that my life would be honorable and good. Help me as a parent to lead my family well and draw them each to a closer relationship with you so that they follow you all the days of their lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment