Monday, November 28, 2016

Ecclesiastes 7:14 - The Days of Prosperity and Adversity

Ecclesiastes 7:14
In the day of prosperity be happy,
But in the day of adversity consider—
God has made the one as well as the other
So that man will not discover anything
that will be after him.

Message: The Days of Prosperity and Adversity

Time: Ecclesiastes: Solomon's authorship is not stated. Solomon's reign as king of Israel lasted from around 970 B.C. to around 930 B.C. The Book of Ecclesiastes was likely written towards the end of his reign, approximately 935 B.C.

What the Lord is Saying: 

What a great reminder in this day and age, that God has made days of prosperity and he has also made days of adversity. I should not think that days of trouble are any less from the hand of God than are days of ease and abundance. I am to trust in Him and His goodness.

Lord, help me to accept whatever you put on my plate and use it for your glory and to thank you and praise you. You are in control. You know what is best. 


Promise: Are you enjoying prosperity? Rejoice. Are you facing hardship? God is working for your good.


1 comment:

  1. This is a difficult message to wrap my head around, but it is comforting too. God is good all the time, He is the same in prosperity and adversity, I have difficulty grasping this. But I am relieved to Praise and thank Him in all corcumstances, that gives me a strategy to use in any situation.

    ReplyDelete