Friday, June 5, 2015

Romans 14:9 - Lord of the Dead and the Liviing

Romans 14:9 - For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Message:  Lord of All

Time: Written in AD 57 from Greece, to the Christians, both Gentile and Jewish in Rome

What the Lord is Saying:

What is this freedom I now have in Christ? What is this peace that passes understanding? What is this assurance of my salvation? It is that I belong to the Lord Jesus and therefore I am completely accepted by God. Man and mine's deepest desire is to belong and be accepted; it is to be a part of something bigger than me. This is what I have in Christ and this is the meaning of this verse. "For to this end." In verse 8, "whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's." This is why Christ died.

This is why Christ dead. This is the message that everyone needs to hear. Why did Christ die? Because I was dead. In my sin, as a fallen creature, I was dead. And Christ's death gave me a new life. When I have money, when I have things, when I have creature comforts, when I have few obstacles and problems, when I have all of this, then I think I don't need anything and that means, I don't need God. I don't need a Savior. I can hold myself up. It is through weakness and life in all its imperfections that I discover I can't do it on my own.

I remember this song from Resurrection Band, from their "Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore" LP, called "Can't Do it On my Own:"
I've tried to understand what went wrong and tried to figure out why it took so long,
I've tried to go back through my past and just undo the selfishness,
I've tried to turn my heart from stone into a heart of tenderness. 
But I can't do it,
I can't do it on my own,
I can't do it,
I can't do it all alone,
I can't do it,
I can't do it on my own.
I try and try and try, but I can't do it on my own. But, people in life like to see if they can.

He died and rose again. This confirms the reason for his death and resurrection.

Wayne Barber always says, "God never said we could. He can, and He always said He would."

Promise: From Tabletalk, "Christ made the ultimate sacrifice to buy us back, and because He paid the price, He alone has the right to judge His people."


1 comment:

  1. Today’s inspiration is the cause of most anxiety for me. The desire for a perfect world and focus on those things around me. I need to focus on being with God and not the human made things.
    Praise be to God

    ReplyDelete